Reception and Year 1
Castles and Kingdoms
Please click on the link below for this term's Knowledge Overview.
In Phonics this term we will work on our listening skills. We will identify the initial sounds in words.
Later in the term we will learn the sounds:
Later in the term, Tiger Moths will bring home a book to share with you. Please remember to record every time you read with your child in their Reading Record. Books are changed once a week, this gives plenty of time for you to:
* read the story to your child first
* discuss the pictures - what is happening? Do the pictures give clues as to what might happen next in the story?
* talk about the characters, their reactions, why they behave as they do
* allow your child to read to you, encouraging them to use their phoneme fingers
* ask your child to read the book through a 2nd or 3rd time to help boost their confidence
* pick out individual words out of context, encourage your child to use their phoneme fingers to sound them out
* think of a new ending for the story or make up a new story about the characters
PE will take place on a Wednesday and Friday.
Please make sure PE kits are clearly labelled and in school everyday, including plimsolls or trainers.
Show and Tell takes place on a Friday and you will be informed when it is your child's turn and what our theme for the term is.
Remember water bottles (filled with water only please), PE kits, book bags and reading records need to be in school every day. Please also make sure all belongings are clearly labelled with your child's name.
If you have any worries or concerns, we are always happy to help!
The Tiger Moths Team