Home Learning Update - 25.03.20
Thank you for your incredible support over the last few days while we have all begun to get used to a new kind of school. The teachers have been working hard to provide work for the children to do, and I know lots of you have also been working hard too!
Please remember that none of us have experienced anything like this before, and we know that it is not possible for you to replicate school in your own homes with your children. Please do not worry if you or your children are struggling to complete some of the work set. There is no expectation that every single thing on the class pages is completed. There is a lot of evidence that reading lots is one of the best things that children can do to further their learning, so if all else fails, get your children to curl up with a good book. The priority is that we keep the children happy and safe during these strange times.
We really want to keep in contact with you as much as possible whilst most of us are not at school. There are a number of ways we will be doing this.
- Facebook – We will continue to post updates and useful links and would love to see what the children have been up to. Please remember to keep your children safe online when commenting on our posts. Please don’t post your children’s full name and don’t include their names with photos of their faces.
- Website – This will be updated regularly in the Children section. There are the class pages, weekly challenges, wellbeing information and information on staying fit and healthy
- Emails – each class now has an email address which will be accessed by the class teachers. These are to be used to share learning that the children have done. It will also allow us to celebrate the achievements and successes you have experienced at home and in some cases, these achievements might be shared on our school Facebook page! Please do not use these email addresses to request extra work for your children.
- Any general queries still need to go to email@example.com.
- For any class related general queries please email:
- Phone calls – Most staff are now working from home (with just a small number in school each day to look after the children of keyworkers). Over the time we are closed, Mrs Bateman, Miss Evans and Mrs Hodges will be giving families a quick phone call to catch up on how you are and to ensure we keep in contact. Please do not panic if you get a phone call from one of them!
Once again, thank you for your fantastic support – it means a lot to me and to the whole staff team.
Mrs A Simmons