Working and learning at home will be a huge change for children and parents. It is therefore really important that we all look after ourselves and consider our wellbeing.
This page will be updated on a regular basis, so please keep an eye on it.
Some useful ideas to support your family's wellbeing:
- Try to stick to your usual routine – keep bedtimes and getting up times the same and try to avoid afternoon naps;
- Create a mini plan for the day with learning slots;
- Try not to be on tablets and games all the time;
- Include some exercise into the daily plan – The Bodycoach, Cosmic Yoga and Just Dance are good;
- Hands-on learning is great to do at home;
- Regular water and snack breaks will help;
- Try to maintain a healthy diet;
- Try to get some time outside in the garden or out in the open air away from others.
Useful apps and websites
Stop breathe and think kids
Headspace for kids
If you feel that you need further support with wellbeing for your family over the coming weeks then some of the websites below may be be helpful places to visit.
You could try some of the short exercises in the booklet below to help you relax. Maybe complete them together as a family.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Just Dance
- Painting, sketching, drawing and clay
- Scrap book making
- Jewellery making
- Box modelling
Sensory and craft activities:
- Play dough
- Kinetic snad
- Water play
- Slime making
- Papier mache craft
- Cooking and baking
- Potting and planting seeds
- Tidying, pruning, etc.
- Making bug houses or hedgehog houses
- Collecting leaves or flowers
- Nature hunt
- Listening to music
- Drawing things that make you happy
- Playing a musical instrument
- Word searches and other puzzles